BIRKS GOVERNOR GENERAL’S PERFORMING ARTS AWARDS CONTEST
1. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. Participation in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements as set forth herein. The “Sponsor” of the Contest is Birks Group Inc., 2020 boul. Robert-Bourassa, suite 200, Montreal, QC, Canada H3A 2A5 (also referred to herein as “Birks”).
3. ENTRY PERIOD - The Contest offer will be open online only at the Birks Instagram Page at https://instagram.com/maisonbirks/ from June 8th, 2017 at 9:00AM (EDT) and ends on June 16th, 2017 at 11:59PM (EDT). Any reference to time in this document indicates Eastern Daylight Saving Time (EDT).
4. ELIGIBILITY - The Contest is open to all residents of Canada, eighteen (18) years of age and above by the start date of this contest as identified above, with the exception of the employees, agents and/or representatives of the Sponsor, its distributors or affiliated companies, advertising agencies or any contributor to the Contest, as well as anyone with whom an employee, agent and/or representative is domiciled or any member of his or her immediate family. For these Rules, “immediate family” refers to the father, mother, brothers, sisters, children, husband, wife or partner of such an employee, agent and/or representative.
5. By entering the Contest, each entrant accepts the terms and conditions of these Contest rules and regulations and agrees to be bound by them. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations. The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
6. HOW TO ENTER - To enter the Contest for a chance to win each participant must, by the entry deadline:
a. Go online and log-on to Instagram; and
b. Tell us what makes Canada great by posting an image on Instagram with the hashtag #WhatMakesCanadaGreat and tag @MaisonBirks.
7. PRIZE – One grand prize (“Grand Prize”) will be awarded to the contest winner (“Contest Winner”) as detailed below:
- Two (2) tickets to the Governor General’s Performing Arts Awards (“GGPAA”) gala on June 29th 2017;
- Round trip transportation for two (2) persons from any one location in Canada to Ottawa, Ontario to attend the Governor General’s Performing Arts Awards on June 29th 2017;
- One (1) night double occupancy hotel room accommodation in Ottawa on June 29th, 2017;
- Round trip transportation to the Governor General’s Performing Arts Awards Gala on June 29th 2017 from the above hotel; and
- Two (2) silver brooches from the Plaisirs de Birks® collection as selected by Sponsor.
The total approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is approximately up to $3,000, depending on the distance that the Contest Winner will have to travel to attend the Governor General’s Performing Arts Awards Gala.
There are no additional prizes or components to the Grand Prize except as provided herein. The Contest Winner and their guest will be solely responsible for all incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to herein, including but not limited to, ground transportation not specifically mentioned herein (including transportation to and from the Contest Winner’s home), airport improvement fees, travel insurance, medical insurance, trip cancellation insurance, connector flights, sightseeing tours and other in destination activities, tips, all taxes (including, but not limited to, departure taxes, air seat taxes, and applicable federal, provincial, municipal, state and/or local taxes on the Grand Prize), travel-related fees/surcharges, excess baggage fees, travel documents, visas, or necessary vaccinations, or items of a personal nature, additional meals, room upgrade, gratuities, and in-room movies. Prize substitutions, transfers, sales or cash equivalents are not permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Once travel and hotel reservations have been confirmed, they cannot be changed. If advertised prize is not available, a substitution of equal or greater value will be made at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Contest Winner and all other recipients of the Grand Prize pursuant to these Rules shall be required to execute a liability and publicity release (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). If the Contest Winner and any other required persons fail or refuse to complete, sign and return the Prize Claim Documents within seven (7) days of prize notification (or such shorter time if exigencies so require), the Contest Winner may be disqualified (at Sponsor’s sole discretion) and an alternate winner may be selected. By accepting the Grand Prize and executing the Prize Claim Documents, the Contest Winner releases Sponsor from all liability for any injury or loss to persons (including death) or property arising out of this Contest and, unless prohibited by law, permits Sponsor to use winner's name, likeness, biographical information, voice, and statements for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration.
8. ODDS OF WINNING - Odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received.
9. DRAWING AND AWARDING OF THE GRAND PRIZE - There will be one Contest Winner. A random draw will be held on June 19th, 2017 at 9:00AM at the offices of Birks, located at 2020
rue Robert Bourassa, Suite 200, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 2A5. The Winner will be announced on June 19th, 2017 at 2:00PM. The Sponsor’s decision is final and without appeal.
The Contest Winner will be notified on June 19, 2017 by way of Instagram direct message after the random draw. If the Contest Winner does not respond to Sponsor’s notification and accept the Grand Prize within forty-eight (48) hours of Sponsor’s first attempt to notify (or such shorter time as exigencies may require), or if the Sponsor is unable to notify the Contest Winner via the Contest Winner’s Instagram account, the Contest Winner will forfeit the Grand Prize and the Sponsor will select an alternate Contest Winner based on a random draw of the remaining eligible Contest entries. If any Contest Winner is found prior to award to have been ineligible to participate in the Contest, or if he or she has not complied with these Rules or declines or is unable to accept any component of the Grand Prize for any reason prior to award, the Contest participant shall forfeit the Grand Prize and the Sponsor at its sole discretion may select an alternate Contest Winner (“Alternate Contest Winner”) based on a random draw of the remaining eligible Contest entries. For the purposes of these Rules, the Contest Winner includes any Alternate Contest Winner.
The Contest Winner and their guests must be in possession of all required travel documents, which documents must be valid prior to, and for the duration of the trip. Failure to obtain necessary travel documentation will result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize.
10. PUBLICITY - By entering this Contest, each participant authorizes the Sponsor and its representatives to use, in its sole discretion, the name, photograph, place of residence, voice, image, likeness, social media posts and/or other Contest-related declarations or statements (“Marketing Material”) of participant for publicity or other purposes without any compensation or prior notice, worldwide, for an unlimited period of time, in any media now known or hereafter devised. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, each participant grants the Sponsor and its representatives an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive license to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the Marketing Material for publicity or other purposes in any media now known or hereafter devised, and waives his/her moral rights in and to the Marketing Material in favour of the Sponsor, its representatives and assigns.
11. OWNERSHIP OF CONTEST ENTRIES - All Contest entries belong to Sponsor. Sponsor retains the right to use, edit, publish or repost the Contest entries in any media and for any purpose as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and without having to seek permission from any Contest entrant.
12. Administration - Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor is not responsible for any error which may compromise the administration of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend part or this entire Contest in the event non-authorized intervention or other cause beyond the control of Sponsor corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may award the Grand Prize from all eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation or suspension. By entering or accepting the Grand prize in this Contest, participants and Contest Winner agree to be bound by these Official Rules and to conform to all federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. By entering and accepting the Grand Prize, participants and Contest Winner agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates and subsidiaries, and the directors, officers, employees and agents of each of them from any and all damage, injury, death, loss or other liability of any kind that may arise from or in connection with participating in this Contest, the administration of this Contest, or the acceptance, use, misuse or non-use of the Grand Prize. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail, miscommunications, failed telephone, satellite or cable hardware or software or lines, or technical failure, or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, failures or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network-related.
13. Governing Law/Jurisdiction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules or the rights and obligations of participants or sponsor in connection with the contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Quebec and the laws of Canada as applicable without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other laws.
14. Québec Residents - Notwithstanding the foregoing, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. The parties hereto have requested that contest rules be drafted in the English language.