How to return an online order
Making a return is easy! Just make sure you request a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number and send your item(s) back to us within 30 days.
Your item(s) should be sent back to us within 30 days. Returns outside these timeframes may be accepted at the discretion of Maison Birks.
- Items should be returned new, unused, and with all Maison Birks tags still attached. Returns that are damaged, worn, have been engraved, altered or resized may not be accepted and may be sent back to the customer.
- Where provided, packaging such as authenticity cards, diamond certificate, dust bags and tags should be included with your return.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if any of your purchases have been delivered without tags.
- All items returned should have a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number.
- Unidentified returns may be returned to the sender.
- Please note that there are no returns on items purchased on discount or engraved.
- If the items are damaged in transit to Maison Birks due to insufficient packaging, the items may not be accepted for return.
Return an online order
Request your Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number
- Sign into your account and under My Orders, select the order number containing the items you would like to return.
- Click on the 'CREATE A RETURN’ button and choose the reason why you want to send your item(s) back. If an item is faulty, please provide details why.
- To request a refund, select how you would like to be credited. This needs to match the original payment method used.
- Check the box to agree with our Return Policy. You will then receive an email containing your RMA number and the return instructions.
Packing your order
Secure your item(s) and all the original packing materials and documents (don’t forget your diamond certificate if any, a $200 replacement fee will be charged otherwise).
Please make sure to include the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number with the returned documents (invoice, packing slip, etc.) in a plainly wrapped cardboard box (the post office has these available if you do not). Note: Do not write "Maison Birks", "jewellery", "diamonds" or other luxury-related words anywhere on the package, as this invites theft.
Shipment and Insurance
Your return can be shipped back to Maison Birks by the carrier of your choice.
For your protection, please insure every return and make sure you get a receipt confirming your return has reached Maison Birks. Maison Birks is not responsible for items lost or damaged in transit to Maison Birks. Maison Birks is not responsible for providing any insurance coverage for your returned items.
Mail the package to:
c/o Internet Department
1240 Phillips Square
Montreal, QC H3B 3H4
Our laboratory will inspect and verify the condition of the item once we receive the return. Returns take approximately five business days to process upon receipt of the item. Maison Birks will refund the full cost of the item EXCLUDING shipping, handling and insurance charges. Refunds will be made using the mode of payment used in the original purchase. Refunds of online purchases will be made to the credit card used to make the purchase.
Goods are classified as faulty if they are received damaged, or incorrect orders. Please note that items that are damaged as a result of wear are not considered to be faulty.
Where possible, we will offer to repair faulty items. If you would like to exchange your item, please be aware that we can only replace it for the same product in the same size, subject to availability. You will receive a full refund if the item cannot be repaired or replaced.
For all faulty items outside of our Return Policy, please contact email@example.com